Fillers are cosmetic treatments given through injections into the skin to fill or heal skin layers or under skin. Fillers contain ingredients that add fullness to areas that have thinned due to aging. Mostly, physicians use filler to reduce and treat deep wrinkle around face even forehead, deep wrinkle around eyes and lips. Also, filler injection can solve facial silhouette problems including filling lip corners and cheeks. Moreover, filler injection makes firm and lovely skin around face, neck, back of the hand and chest.
Why does filler should be performed?
- Our skin consists of collagen fiber. When we get old, the collagen fibers loosen. Once firm and moist facial skin it becomes deep wrinkle. If patients receive filler consisting of hyaluronic acid or alike, it restores skin health. Deep wrinkle becomes shallow because filler helps filling the lost collagen fiber accordingly, patients get firmer facial skin.
How long does filler give effect?
- After the injection, filler causes changes immediately. However, physicians always want patients to wait around 5-7 days because after a couple of days the swollen area gets better and they can adjust the area for better shape. Mostly, the result exists around 6 months, while others can last up to 2 years or longer after the injection (temporary filler).
Disadvantages and side effect of Filler
- After the injection, it may cause side effects from least to most severe such as rash, reddish spot or suggillation around the injected area which causes hypertrophic scar when patients receive injection too much or on too shallow position. Another problem is a flow of filler. For example, the filler is injected into nasal bridge but flows to tip of nose. The most dangerous side effect is mispositioned injection by injecting filler into blood vessel which may cause blood clot.
- During the first 2 days, use cold compression to heal swelling
- Prohibition from cosmetics for 24 hours
- Prohibited from swimming for 24 hours
- Avoid strong sunlight
- Avoid medicine causing bleeding such as Aspirin
- Avoid massage or touching the injected area for 2 weeks
- Avoid facial deep massage, chemical peel, dermabrasion, AHA and laser treatment
- No smoking and use straw for drinking (In case of injection of lip)
- In case of reddish swell over 3 days, contact your physicians
- Juvederm Ultra Price 20,000 THB / 1cc.
- Juvederm Voluma Price 25,000 THB 1cc.